Sunday, June 17, 2007

Airline fare

I just got back from Europe. I went on a tour of France and Italy, and it was basically the most amazing ten days of my life. I got to see sights I had only ever glimpsed from Roman Holiday and Amelie. Incase you weren't sure, Europe is a long way away. From Denver to Frankfurt it took nine hours, which is more than ample time to watch a couple movies.
On the way there they showed Catch and Release, which I despised and hope to never see again, and Freedom Writers, which was a little clique, but ultimatley endearing. It was by far the best movie I saw on the trip.
On the bus driving from Florence to Rome we watched Stripes. One girl said it was her first R-rated movie. Yes! We have cultural growth! I just wish she could have seen a good movie. Oh well. We also watched Charlie's Angel's 2. I hadn't seen the first one, and now I don't plan to.
On the plane coming back we saw Wild Hogs and Music and Lyrics. Wild Hogs was okay, there were some funny parts, but I wouldn't have watched it if I could have slept. I enjoyed Music and Lyrics more than I would like to admit. I'm not partial to romantic comedys, but I suppose after sitting on a plane for five hours any distraction is welcome.

Ah! Don't I have anything good to say about movies? How about this: The Talented Mr. Ripley is amazing. Martin Scorsese is a God. I want to marry Pedro Almodovar.

*Whew* That's better.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2007 , Blogger Bailey said...

I'm sorry we had to watch Charlie's 2.. the first one is good though, in my opinion. Don't knock the original if you've only seen the sequel :P

Love the blog, makes me feel... silly. For writing a blog about anime. To each their own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home