Saturday, February 10, 2007

Crash II: Racism is Still Bad

Think about it: What was the last Best Picture winner to spawn a sequel? Hmm, no Casablanca 2, no Schindler's List 2, you could call The Return of the King a sequel, but I wouldn't because it runs more like one big nine hour movie. The point is, I have very little respect for sequels. They belittle movies, making them more like TV shows because the plot is reopened and characters stay forever. Anyway, there's going to be a Departed 2. And 3.
Noooooo! Whywhywhy?!? And in any case, how can you have a sequel if all the main characters die? I wouldn't pay to watch Dignam and Colin Jr. duke it out. (Hope I didn't reveal too much there.) Alright, alright, The Godfather IS a crime movie and it IS the first in a *cringe* trilogy, and Godfather II DID win, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

Wow, I'm sorry you're so broken up about this... but I understand. LOTR still rules though.

Maddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home