Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pondering the great mysteries of life

Ah! I don't like it! Usually everyone has a pretty good guess at who's going to win the OSCAR, but this year all I can say is, uh, not Letters from Iwo Jima? Here's how the awards tally up:

Babel: GG
The Departed: DGA, WGA
Letters From Iwo Jima:
Little Miss Sunshine: SAG, WGA, PGA,
The Queen: BAFTA

The best picture winner usually wins most of these awards, which would put Little Miss Sunshine up front with The Departed. A month ago I would have sworn that Babel would win, but it was nominated in most of those categories and only won the GG in January. Letters can pretty well be ruled out, and I still doubt The Queen will have any luck outside the UK. I have a hard time believing the Academy would pick a comedy, since the last one was Annie Hall in 78. But who knows, maybe they think they're due. Or they could be tired from last year's heavy duty dramas.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2007 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

I know I would be. Capote AND Brokeback Mountain in the same year?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home