Friday, May 25, 2007

I only wish I could have found my eyepatch...

Last night I went to the sneak peek preview of *dun da dun!* Pirates of the Caribbean; At World's End! I went at 8:00pm with friends, and all decked out in pirate garb. I knew it would be a bad movie--I've known that since Dead Man's Chest came out--and my predictions were met.

Even though Barbossa oozed pirate charisma, and Will and Elizabeth are easy on the eyes, it's no secret Jack Sparrow is the best part of the movie, so I was very disappointed when he didn't show for the whole first part. The rest of the movie had much switching of sides and double-agenting, which got very confusing very fast. Halfway through I gave up all hope of trying to follow the plot, and merely wondered at who was going to shack up with whom. Things were rocky with Will and Elizabeth, and there were enough outside-relationship kisses to make me wonder. Apart from that I was most upset by SOMEONE DYING. *sniff* I will not divulge, but they were killed right after they got INTERESTING. Also, at the end it was completely set up for another sequel. Yay, I just adore sequels of sequels of sequels of movies based on theme park rides. You know it's high class humor when most the jokes revolve around a once-undead monkey.

But despite my complaining and snobbery, Pirates of the Caribbean in general is one of the most entertaining series I've seen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home