Friday, April 28, 2006

Virgins get last laugh

Completely shut out from the Oscars, The 40-year-old Virgin and Wedding Crashers lead the MTV movie awards with 5 nominations each. I haven't seen either of them, so I'm forced to have no opinion. And even worse, I don't have a clue who's going to win! Here are the Best Picture nominees:

Batman Begins
The 40-year-old Virgin
Sin City
The Wedding Crashers
King Kong

Since the general public gets to vote, I would assume the movie that did best at the box office would win. Star Wars Episode III made the most in 2005, and King Kong, followed by Wedding Crashers made the most of the nominees.

For the first time, the acting nominees aren't separated by gender.

Best Performance:

Steve Carrel The 40-year-old Virgin
Jake Gyllenhaal Brokeback Mountain
Terrance Howard Hustle and Flow
Rachel McAdams Red Eye
Joaquin Phoenix Walk The Line
Reese Witherspoon Walk The Line

Best Comic Performance

Steve Carrel The 40-year-old-Virgin
Adam Sandler The Longest Yard
Owen Wilson Wedding Crashers
Vince Vaughn Wedding Crashers
Tyler Perry Maudea's Family Reunion

Oh, that REALLY breaks the gender barrier. Why, a whooping 20% of the nominees were women! (And Steve Carrel got in twice!)

*Perks head, sniffs wind* What's that? Do I smell Oscar nominees!?! Four! Count 'em, FOUR! Yes! Something I have SEEN!
*Clears throat* Well, in my opinion, I think...I think.......
I already went through this before! Alright, Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix already have Golden Globes (and one Oscar).....sooooo.....
I guess the question is, out of Jake Gyllenhaal and Terrance Howard, who would be less humiliated to get the MTV Movie Award?

As you might guess I don't put much stock in this. Which is silly really, because actual people get to vote, instead of snooty Academy members. Still I can't appreciate an audience that opens The Benchwarmers at no. 2 at the box office.

Alright, enough incoherent blabbering and bad sentences, on with the nominees!
The Best thing about the MTV awards is the creative categories.

Best Villain

Cillian Murphy Batman Begins
Tilda Swinton Chronicles of Narnia
Tobin Bell Saw II
Ralph Fiennes Harry Potter
Hayden Christensen Star Wars III

Best Kiss

Taraji P. Henson and Terrance Howard Hustle and Flow
Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger Brokeback Mountain
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Rosario Dawson and Clive Owen Sin City
Anna Faris and Chris Marquette Just Friends

Yay! I have seen all the villains except Tobin Bell!
And, *fond sigh* more Oscar nominees! Don't worry guys, being nominated for a Best Kiss MTV award is just as prestigious as winning an Academy Award.
Alright, alright, enough making fun of something I don't understand. I suppose somebody has to recognize Dukes Of Hazzard other then the Razzies.

Get the rest of the nominations here

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 01, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

CILLIAN!!!!! YAIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CILLIAN!!!! HE IS SO HOTT!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE SUCH GOOD TASTE!!! OMG OMG OMG THAT ROCKS!!!! I LOVE CILLIAN!!!! HE'S SO HOTT!!!!!!! AND SUCH AN AWESOME ACTOR!!!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!

Madelyn Murphy

 
At May 01, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

AND RALPH!!!!! YAIY!!! I LOVE RALPH!!!! Not as much as I love Cillian, but I still love him!!! THEY HAVE SUCH GOOD TASTE!!!!! HE AND CILLIAN ARE SUCH GOOD ACTORS!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madelyn Murphy-Fiennes

 
At May 01, 2006 , Blogger Leslie Jo said...

I thought you would like that.
Which reminds me, I saw Intermission!

 
At May 02, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

{ZIPDUP{ADHODGHPOISHGDO:ISDGHOIDHSGPOIGDSHOIH!OH!!!!!!!!! I AM CALLING YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home