Friday, April 07, 2006

Might as well get the ball rolling... 06 Oscar Predictions!!

T-minus 11 months till the Oscars.
This is the best part! Random bandying-of-names of movies you haven't even seen yet and won't be out for months! (Bad sentence, I know.)
Here are the movies that smell of Oscar:

Flags of Our Fathers. Produced by Steven Spielberg, directed by Clint Eastwood, and written by Paul Haggis. There's a winning combo if I ever heard it!

The Departed. Directed by Martin Scorsese (maybe it's finally his year!) and staring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Jack Nicholson. Hey, it could happen!

The Good German
Directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Cate Blanchett and George Clooney. Written by Paul Attanasio, who is also writting...

East Of Eden
Directed by Ron Howard. This is just wishful thinking. They haven't even announced casting yet, (which means I will get to dream up people for them!) and I don't know much about it. I just started reading East of Eden, that's why I'm interested.

There you have it, folks! I'm mostly going by names here, and we could have another year of newbies. (But I'm thinking they'll go with big-budget-big-star types, after all those feisty little indies last year.)
Any thoughts? Additions?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

I have an addition. How many movies do you think Cillian Murphy will be in where he dies/gets abused by everyone/goes crazy?
I know of two already... *facepalm* Cillian, baby, when are you going to learn?

Maddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home