Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Um, Singapore, that's right...

I am on a roll! Here is my King Kong review:

The plot to King Kong is a simple one. A giant monkey is captured and brought back to New York where he falls off the Empire State Building. I can appreciate the twelve hours it took to adapt the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but three hours of wrestling giant bugs gets old.
I crawled out of my indie hovel for the first time in a while, and remembered how good a big-budget action/adventure movie could be. If you liked Pirates of the Caribbean, Men in Black, and the Lord of the Rings, you'll probably like King Kong. The only complaint I can think of, is it was too long. I have nothing against running from giant bugs and lizards, but after a while it ceases to move along the plot and (to me) is just boring.
Why You Should See It: You want special effects, on-foot chase scenes, and it's Peter Jackson, people!
Why You Shouldn't See It: You want snappy dialogue, and a happy ending.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!!! But did it make you cry? That is the real question...

Maddie

 
At March 30, 2006 , Blogger Leslie Jo said...

I don't cry during movies! It's very anoying, but I don't! *hangs heads*

 
At March 30, 2006 , Blogger GreatOne said...

Hey, I was just out blogging around and I ran across your site. I just thought you would like to know that I enjoyed yours, and I will be back for future updates! I am a professional wrestler in training, and I am chronicling my rise to the top of the wrestling world in my own blog, feel free to stop by sometime, I have a guestbook and interactive polls, show your support, and when I reach the top I'll take you with me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home