Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's hard to keep swimmin' thru the deep

Alright, here are all the categories where I messed up.

Best Short Film, Animated: The Moon and the Son. I said Badgered. It was totally a blind guess.
Best Documentary, Short: A Note of Triumph: The Golden Age of Norman Corwin. I said God Sleeps in Rwanda, another guess.
Best Foreign Language Film: Tsotsi. But I was soooooooo close!!!
Best Score: Brokeback Mountain. I said Memoirs of a Geisha, but I should have known John Williams would split
Cinematography: Memoirs of a Geisha. I said Brokeback Mountain. What other movie was named after the scenery?
And, of course...
Best Picture: Crash. Here's some trivia for you. What was the first movie to not get an oscar after winning at the Producers Guild, Directors guild, Writers Guild, and Golden Globes? Take your time now.... think it over...... Brokeback Mountain. I think I'm justified to be surprised!
How do I feel about this upset? Umm.... not sure. Crash was a really good movie, but so was Brokeback Mountain. The only thing that I can think of that would make a difference for me, is the soundtrack. I love country. I hate new age. (Or whatever that song was.) But is it enough?

Speaking of music, I am especially proud of my "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" prediction. I'm glad it won, even though I liked Travelin' Thru better. First hip hop song preformed!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home