Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yes, that's right, I'm 40. Got a problem with that?!

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain! It was reeeeeealy good! After reading a million* movie reviews going on and on about how great Heath Ledger was, I though he was going to upstage everyone else, but all the acting was really good! (hmm....I guess there's a reason for all those acting nominations....) Maybe everyone was surprised to see "Mr. Pretty-boy-star-of-flops" in a serious movie, but in his defense, a lot of his earlier movies were good**, and his acting was never bad in any of them.
Did anyone know that there was CGI?! I didn't! Apparently, the hail, some sheep, some set pieces, and some of the sky were all CGI! I just have one teeny tiny little complaint. There's nothing anyone could have done about this, so it's nobody's fault, but....erm....they didn't age very gracefully. In the end of the movie everyone is supposed to be 40ish, but they're being played by 25-year-olds!
I think Brokeback Mountain will win the Oscar, even though a lot of people are making noise about Crash. They're both really, really good movies, can we please have a tie?

*rough estimate

**why is everyone picking on Ned Kelly? And there's nothing wrong with a fun romantic comedy ever-so-loosely based on The Taming of the Shrew!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home