Sunday, April 23, 2006

First 2006 movie I've seen......and it's only April!!

Last night I saw a sneak peek of Akeelah and the Bee. It was really, really, good. *Flexes critical muscles*
I highly recommend it when it comes out next week.
Here's something interesting, Starbucks and Lionsgate teamed up to distribute it. Since when does Starbucks have anything to do with movies? And for that matter, why the little spelling bee indie? Now, I don't go to Starbucks (support your local Mom and Pop coffee shops!), but I heard they are really pushing the film, and are on the whole We-Like-Mom-And-Pop-Family-Movies kick.
For all the Starbucks Gossip click here

As for awards buzz, Ebert and Roeper think that Keke Palmer (Akeelah) should get some nominations. (Deserves to, not necessarily will.)
Their review

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

In my humble opinion, Mickey Mick deserves some awards. He didn't come out of the back room at all today but I heard him rustling so he's not dead. *favorite quote ever*

Maddie
PS Want to go to Africa and hammer some meercats next weekend?
PPS The void! The void!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home