Thursday, August 09, 2007

Public Service Announcement: Don't cheat

I just read a highly entertaining and endearing blog. Cute, funny, and not boring! I felt like I was reading one of those historic diaries, except minus the history. It set me in mind of Hamster Huey, (get oodles of info on HH and Da Funky Times at
my old website)and wasn't about being a frazzled house wife/stoned frat boy/weepy emo teenager ect. No, my friends, it was happy and enthusiastic. Well, that's my plug for today. oh wait! the url! Jesuschristscoolblog.blogspot.com. (I promise it's not churchy. Read it from the beginning or nothing will make sense.)

I have a new favorite movie. It is the excellent Woody Allen concoction Match Point. It is an awful lot like The Talented Mr. Ripley, which is probably why I like it so much. It's about a tennis player and an out-of-work actress who meet each other when they start dating members of the same wealthy family. They fall for each other and have an annoying lack of self restraint. I will admit that if The Talented Mr. Ripley had enough sexual tension to power a hairdryer, Match Point could carry a hot air balloon from Colorado to Berlin. OK, slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. Affairs never end well. The situation turns away from regular tom-foolery cheating, and becomes fatal. That's right, readers. Someone's sleeping with the fishes, pushing up daisies, kicking the bucket. Any way you put it I thought it was deliciously vile. It also reminded me of Notes on a Scandal, another favorite. If you're wary of Allen movies, don't worry. This one has none of his trademark banter or weird humor. Netflix even calles it "Hitchcockian." So put your qualms and shot guns aside and enjoy this little masterpiece.

3 Comments:

At August 09, 2007 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

Oh Jesus Christ above, NOT DA FUNKY TIMES!!! THAT HAS THE WORD IN IT!!

 
At August 09, 2007 , Blogger Leslie Jo said...

Maddie, you know full-well that Da Funky Times predates *ahem* by two years. And you also know that *ahemcough* was around and functioning healthily without the word"*hackweezesplutter*". I hope you will be able to mention *seizure* without thinking of the late Hamster Huey, because I assure you he was not fond of *heimlichmaneuver*

I hope that cleared things up a bit.

 
At August 09, 2007 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

Enormously. Thank you. =)
PS You totally have to change your blog name to "Always" because then I can squee about it even more.

Maddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home