Tuesday, November 21, 2006

This year I am thankful for Matt Damon...

Wow. Four months since my last post? Not that I'm surprised, a little thing called "school" happened to me. *Gags self with spoon* Fourtunatly another little thing called Thankesgiving break happened too, and I can once again update! A lot happens in a 1/3 of a year, I now fancy myself to be somewhat of an expert on German cinema, and Anthony Minghella. (Die! Jude Law, die!)

Okay, I can't help it, I have to list all the movies I have seen since my last post.

Risky Business This was crap
Men In Black
Raising Arizona I love the Coen Brothers!
The English Patient *yawn* NO movie should be three hours long
O Brother, Where Are Thou?
Scoop Why did everybody give Woody Allen crap for this? I thought it was cute!
Fargo
Monster House
Casablanca *coughhackoverratedcough*
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Footloose
The Godfather I didn't have a problem with it, I just don't understand what's so great about it
The Ice Harvest
Schindler's List Best. Movie. Ever.
Cimmeron Oldest. Movie. Ever.
Happy Texas This was the last movie I saw before school started *reminiscent sigh*
Midnight Cowboy
Little Miss Sunshine
The Talented Mr. Ripley I loved this movie so much I thought I would like thrillers. That is apparently not the case.
Strictly Ballroom
Kramer VS Kramer
Rain Man If no one else is going to stand up for Tom Cruise, let it be me.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Misery
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire This was sooo much better in the theater. I cringed sooo much at home
The Mouse That Roared
Cold Mountain I have never seen violence and smarm mingle like that

Oh my God I'm getting bored. That's about half my list, it ends mid September. I'll have to update again later.


Now on to my big news!*drumroll*
I LOVE the Talented Mr. Ripley! It is the best movie ever! It has Rome, music, and a psychopath! Philip Seymour Hoffman is endlessly quotable, and even Jude Law didn't annoy me as much as he could have. A true gem. I first decided to watch it because I saw Roeper and Kevin Smith BOTH agree it was awesome. I immediately looked out the window to watch pigs fly into the sunset.
So, if you haven't seen it yet jog- no, sprint! to your local movie rental facility and prepare to be amazed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home