Sunday, May 28, 2006

Box office loves Ian McKellen

Looks like The Da Vinci Code has the 2nd highest box-office opening for an adult geared film. (The Passion of the Christ is the first.) 77 million is great, but chump change compared to the 107 million X-Men 3 has clocked so far. Not knowing anything whatsoever about X-Men, I doubt I will be seeing it. I did however see The Da Vinci Code today.
It was alright, they did a nice job of cutting out the "Oh gee what could this mean let's talk about it for a few pages" stuff, but unfortunately those were my favorite parts from the book. I also thought it felt too rushed. I don't mind complicated plots, I just don't like it in adaptations when everything from the book is being crammed unceremoniously into a two hour movie. (Or three hour, in the case of The Return of the King.)
The acting and cinematography were nothing to write home about either. That being said, I did like the first part of the movie, and the last scene. And how Tom Hanks could high-light the letters of words in his brain.
I have a horrible confession to make. I actually liked *cringe* Mission Impossible Three better than The Da Vinci Code. *Watches hell freeze over* The thing with M:I:3 was I got exactly what I expected. A dopey Tom Cruise spy movie. I would have been very surprised if it was clever, realistic, or deep.
Alright, enough summer blockbusters, I want to see Water and Friends With Money!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2006 , Blogger Mrs. Bloom-McGregor-Felton-Murphy said...

The box office isn't the only one that loves Ian McKellen! I do too!!! He's like Dumbledoor, who, btw, is officially one of the hottest people ever.

Maddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home